Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten Registration
Baldwin Park Unified School District enrollment window is open for registration for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten.
Baldwin Park Unified School District is providing early admittance to students who qualify for transitional kindergarten, which is a bridge between preschool and kindergarten. It gives young learners a head start and provides them with an opportunity to learn and grow in an environment that is tailored to meet their academic and social needs.
Transitional kindergarten provides children with an opportunity to learn in an enriching and academically challenging environment that nurtures their growth. Research shows that children who attend kindergarten readiness programs like transitional kindergarten are more likely to do well in school and attend college. Parents all over California recognize the benefits of transitional kindergarten, and many parents have already been enrolling their children in similar programs, public and private, for years. Offering transitional kindergarten will help all of our kids get the best start possible, with curriculum that is designed just for them.
Please view the exciting Transitional Kindergarten / Kindergarten overview video
- Students turning five years old between September 2, 2021– December 2, 2021 are eligible to enroll.
- Students turning five years old between December 3, 2021 – March 31, 2022 may enroll if not eligible for District’s early childhood education program. For these students, please contact Patricia Aguirre firstname.lastname@example.org in the Early Childhood Education Department.
- Students turning five years old by September 1, 2021 are eligible to enroll.
Submit Document Verification
Bring required documents to School of residency to verify registration and eligibility
Required Documents (Please bring the following in person)
- Parent Identification- Photo ID (Must be the parent or legal guardian)
- Proof of Address- Utility Bill, rental agreement or mortgage statement (If proof of address is not under parent's name, additional paperwork is required.)
- Student’s Proof of Age- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Dental Examination- Must be after August 1, 2020 or may submit waiver
- Immunization Record Card-Required immunizations listed below.
- Polio- 4 doses, 3 doses if last one after 4th birthday
- DTP- 5 dose, 4 doses if last one after 4th birthday
- MMR- 2 doses, both after 1st birthday
- Hepatitis B- 3 doses
- Varicella- 2 doses
Contact Information: Please feel free to visit the Baldwin Park Unified School District website www.bpusd.net or contact the school directly for information regarding enrollment options.