Incoming Interdistrict Permit
Formal agreements between Baldwin Park Unified School District and other districts allow for the transfer of one or more students between districts. An Interdistrict Attendance Permit may be approved into or out of the district for specific reasons only. Information regarding the specific reasons may be obtained from the Office of Student Services at (626) 962-3311.
Please complete the interdistrict permit registration process listed below:
- Step 1: Go to your district of residence and request an interdistrict permit.
- Step 2: Specify in the “reason section” that you are requesting to leave due to a unique program that is offered, such as Vital Medical Academy, Business, Project Lead the Way, Dual Immersion, STEAM, etc.
- Step 3: Turn in your completed interdistrict permit to the district you are requesting.
- Step 4: Once the interdistrict permit is approved by your district of residence it will be mailed to the BPUSD Student Services office. You may also request an approved copy from your district of residence to bring directly to BPUSD Student Services office, which will help expedite your child’s enrollment.
- Step 5: Upon receiving your interdistrict permit release, Baldwin Park Unified School District, will contact you regarding the next steps.
- Please Note: The permit process timeline may vary depending on your district of residence. A copy of student's last report card and/or copy of transcripts, attendance, and behavior history must be submitted with permit request.
Outgoing Interdistrict Permit
For families who are Baldwin Park Unified School District residents who wish to enroll their children in a district outside of the BPUSD boundaries an Interdistrict permit must be submitted via email or submitted in person. Parents/Guardians are able to request inter-district permits to leave Baldwin Park Unified starting March 1, 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year. Processing time will be approximately 2-3 weeks after date of submission. Please follow these steps to complete the Outgoing Interdistrict process:
- Step 1:Please complete the entire Interdistrict permit form.
- Step 2: Please make sure to mark and specify the reason for the transfer and collect needed documentation for proof, (these items are listed on the second page of the permit form).
- Step 3: Next, email or drop off in the provided envelope your completed Interdistrict form, Required Documentation, and Copy of the Parent’s Photo ID. If the permit will be submitted via email please send all documentation to [email protected] with ZIXENCRYPT- -Student’s Last Name & First Initial in the subject line.
If you live within the boundaries of the Baldwin Park Unified School District and wish to request a permit to attend another school within the boundaries of the Baldwin Park Unified School District, you may complete the Intradistrict permit process online. Intradistrict Transfer Forms need to be signed by the school of residence and the requested school. An Intradistrict Transfer Form must be renewed for each school transition. Please follow these steps to complete the Intradistrict permit process:
- Step 1: Click on the tab on the on the right hand of the page for the
A-52 Intradistrict Transfer Form
- Step 2: Please make sure to complete the entire form.
- Step 3: Next, email your completed A-52 Intradistrict Transfer form, and Copy of the Parent’s Photo ID to complete the process to
[email protected] with ZIXENCRYPT- -Student’s Last Name & First Initial in the subject line.