Incoming Interdistrict Permit
Formal agreements between Baldwin Park Unified School District and other districts allow for the transfer of one or more students between districts. An Interdistrict Attendance Permit may be approved into or out of the district for specific reasons only. Information regarding the specific reasons may be obtained from the Office of Student Services at (626) 962-3311.
Please complete the interdistrict permit registration process listed below:
- Step 1: Go to your district of residence and request an interdistrict permit.
- Step 2: Specify in the “reason section” that you are requesting to leave due to a unique program that is offered, such as Vital Medical Academy, Business, Project Lead the Way, Dual Immersion, STEAM, etc.
- Step 3: Turn in your completed interdistrict permit to the district you are requesting.
- Step 4: Once the interdistrict permit is approved by your district of residence it will be mailed to the BPUSD Student Services office. You may also request an approved copy from your district of residence to bring directly to BPUSD Student Services office, which will help expedite your child’s enrollment.
- Step 5: Upon receiving your interdistrict permit release, Baldwin Park Unified School District, will contact you regarding the next steps.
- Please Note: The permit process timeline may vary depending on your district of residence. A copy of student's last report card and/or copy of transcripts, attendance, and behavior history must be submitted with permit request.
Outgoing Interdistrict Permit
For families who are Baldwin Park Unified School District residents who wish to enroll their children in a district outside of the BPUSD boundaries an Interdistrict Permit must be submitted online. Parents/Guardians are able to request inter-district permits to leave Baldwin Park Unified starting on March 2, 2020. Please follow these steps to complete the Outgoing Interdistrict process:
- Step 1: Please download the Interdistrict permit form and complete the entire form.
- Step 2: Please make sure to mark and specify the reason for the transfer and collect needed documentation for proof, (these items are listed on the second page of the permit form).
- Step 3: Next, email your completed Interdistrict form, Required Documentation, and Copy of the Parent’s Photo ID to complete the process to SSemail@example.com with ZIXENCRYPT- -Student’s Last Name & First Initial in the subject line.
- Once, complete permit application has been received by Student Services Department, please allow 10 business days for review and response. Parents will receive an email with the outcome and copy of processed permit. Approved forms will be forwarded directly to the requested district.
If you live within the boundaries of the Baldwin Park Unified School District and wish to request a permit to attend another school within the boundaries of the Baldwin Park Unified School District, you may pick up an Intradistrict Transfer Form at the school of residence. Intradistrict Transfer Forms are available at all BPUSD schools and need to be signed by the school of residence and the requested school. An Intradistrict Transfer Form must be renewed each school year.