- TK-12 general education teacher or education specialist (mild-moderate)-current teacher of record with Baldwin Park Unified School District
- Hold a preliminary credential with renewal codes requiring an Induction Program
- Once you have signed a teaching contract with Baldwin Park Unified School District, please contact our office to begin the enrollment process.
- Provide a two-year, individualized, job-embedded system of mentoring, support and professional learning to begin within the first year of teaching with a Preliminary Credential
- Match a candidate with a mentor within the first 30-days of enrollment in the program. Candidate-mentor matches are based on credential held, and grade level and/or subject area. Supplemental support will be provided in a subject area if needed based on the mentor match.
- Develop and support goals within the context of the Individual Learning Plan (ILP): The Individual Learning Plan (ILP) will address the CSTPs and provide a roadmap for candidates’ Induction work. The candidate, mentor, with input from the site administrator, will collaboratively develop the ILP within the first 60 days of the candidate’s enrollment in the program.
- Provide mentoring support that includes both “just in time” and longer term analysis of teaching practice to help candidates develop enduring professional skills
- Provide candidate guidance and support of district and site goals and tasks
- Provide an Early Completion Option (ECO) for experienced and exceptional candidates that meet the program criteria
- Verify candidate competence based on a review of observed and documented evidence to determine recommendation for the Clear Teaching Credential
Baldwin Park Unified School District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination based on gender, actual perceived sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, or age, or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. If you believe you have been discriminated against, immediately contact the principal, designee at the school or District Office.