Baldwin Park’s Adult and Community Education (BPACE) program is offering free testing for the high school equivalency exam. The HiSET exam helps adult learners achieve their college and career goals.
Interested participants only need to enroll in a test preparation class at BPACE and complete a 12-hour orientation. During this time, students will learn how to create a HiSET account and take the HiSET pretests.
The high school equivalency (HSE) credential is an alternative to a high school diploma, providing an opportunity for adults who left high school before graduation. Once the test is passed, the state issues a high school equivalency certificate.
Who can take a high school equivalency exam?
- You must be 18 or older, or within 60 days of your 18th birthday – regardless of school enrollment status.
- You must be within 60 days of when you would have graduated from high school, had you remained in school and followed the usual course of study – not currently enrolled in school.
- You must be 17 and out of school for at least 60 consecutive days. You must also provide a letter of request from the military, post-secondary educational institute or a prospective employer.
Identity and age must be verified by current photo id at the time of scheduling and/or before admittance to the testing room.
Acceptable identification includes:
- Photo driver’s license with a signature, issued by any U.S. state or foreign government.
- Photo id card with a signature, issued by any of the U.S. Armed Forces, any U.S. state or foreign government.
- Photo Tribal enrollment card with a signature.
- Photo id card or badge with a signature, issued by a California department or agency.
- Photo passport with a signature, issued by the U.S. or foreign government.
Note: the identification must include name, birth date, signature, photograph and address.
Baldwin Park community members are encouraged to take advantage of this great opportunity and earn an HSE certificate.
For more information or to register for test dates, contact BPACE at 626.856.4121 or visit https://hiset.ets.org/test-takers/