Skip to main content

Baldwin Park Unified School District

Mobile Menu Toggle
En Español Login
Schools » Adult & Community Education » Financial Aid

Financial Aid

A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or a professional degree.

Grants start from $650.00 to $6,195.00.  Apply free online at (our federal school code is 030674)

Financial Aid is available to students who qualify and meet the requirements. You must be enrolled and attending one of the Career Technical Education courses.

For more information about the Financial Aid offered please call Martha Mantilla (626) 856-4127 or Josie Westerhausen (626) 856-4105 or visit the Financial Aid office (Office D)  at the Adult Career Training (ACT) Center located at 4640 North Maine Avenue in Baldwin Park.

Financial Aid Approved Programs
  • Automotive Services - 1800 Hours
  • Barbering - 1500 Hours
  • Cosmetology - 1600 Hours
  • Electrician - 900 Hours
  • Food Service and Hospitality (Culinary Arts) - 912 Hours
  • Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) - 710 Hours
  • Support Services Medical Assistant Administrative and Clinical - 800 Hours
  • Therapeutic Services (Pharmacy Technician) - 650 Hours
  • Demonstrate financial need
  • Must be 18 years of age or older
  • Must have a High School Diploma/GED
  • Must meet citizenship requirements
  • If you are a male 18 to 25 years of age you must be registered with Selective Services
  • Maintain monthly satisfactory progress and attendance
  • Financial Aid is not available for student who have a Bachelor's Degree
Wonderlic ATB
The Wonderlic ATB Test is one of the tests approved by the Federal Financial Aid Commission to quality you for a Pell Grant.  You are taking this test because:
  1. You are applying for financial aid to help pay for a Career Technical Education class at BPACE.
  2. You do not have your High School Equivalency or High School Diploma from the United States.
  3. You have completed your education in another country and have not had your records evaluated.
You must be referred by the Financial Aid office to take this test; see a Financial Aid Specialist for more information.
2018 - 2019 Financial Aid Survey